J. B. Elliot Insurance Ltd. is a well-established Insurance Broker servicing clients all over New Brunswick. We handle all classes of personal and commercial insurance for individuals and businesses.
Our focus is on providing a personal experience, instead of the frustrating call centre and internet dealings becoming all too common in the insurance market today.
Our clients will always have access to their designated Account Manager and will always find one of Elliot Insurance’s Principals’ willing to take their call should the need arise.
Over 70% of New Brunswickers are insured by an insurance broker. Are you?
The Duties of a Broker
- To represent the Client by assessing their needs and presenting the risks involved to the Insurers as favourably as possible.
- To select the best terms we can in placing the insurance and if there is a claim, to arrange prompt and fair settlement.
- To know the market, selecting the best underwriters for each kind of risk.
- To know the laws governing insurance, so that we can supervise the preparation and administration of policies ensuring they are legally correct in every way.
- To ensure our Clients receive correct work. Our goal is to achieve quality service in everything we provide.
- To give friendly, sincere, professional help to those who entrust us with their business.
Their services include:
- Assessing your individual needs and obtaining quotes. Depending on the property, vehicle or business being insured, this might include performing an insurance valuation, taking photographs or obtaining an inspection report.
- Comparing the coverage of different insurers to get you the best rates and conditions in an unbiased manner and making recommendations.
- Searching for opportunities to reduce overall premiums by combining different types of insurance for discounts.
- Explaining premiums, terms, conditions and any small print that you don’t understand.
- Providing administrative follow-up, such as mortgage changes, certificates of insurance.
- Providing advice and revisions at policy renewal or mid-term if material changes are necessary, such as a move or the sale of an asset.
- Being available to answer questions after purchase. The vast majority of brokerages are well established in their community and insurance is their primary business.
- Ensuring claims are fairly handled. They help you with the process and ensure a fair and speedy settlement. Brokers make a positive difference to an insurer’s payout in a substantial number of claims.
- There is no extra cost to you for all the services that a broker provides. A broker is paid a commission through the insurance company that you place your business with, and believes in complete transparency in this regard.